POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity makes a difference? (3 images ~42KB bu) : Re: Radiosity makes a difference? (3 images ~42KB bu) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 07:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity makes a difference? (3 images ~42KB bu)
From: GrimDude
Date: 8 Sep 2000 03:11:10
Message: <39b8910e@news.povray.org>
Actually, everything in the scene (except for the plane in image 2, and
whatever goes on with sky_spheres with a poly_wave) has an ambient value of
0.

I chased the rainbow too, Bob. I adjusted my ambient values to the point
where I didn't see any differences between rad and no-rad renderings. Then,
as I added more complex physical objects to a scene, I would lose control of
light and be forced to adjust every object all over. So, now I just leave
ambient alone. I won't use lens flares, because I had to introduce
ambient_light <1,1,1> to make them work right. Also, one approach on clouds
had to be abandoned because I had adapted high ambient values. Too bad, too.
It was purely texture related.

Anyway, off to render... the animation of this thing.

Grim